Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Goodreads

Is pretty rockin.  I'm still trying to get used to navigating the format there--I goofed up and didn't mark Cleopatra as "currently reading," so I had to go back and figure out how to change that--but I like it.  I like the trivia function, and I love all the book lists.  Wow.

Not as in love with the kindleboards, but only because when I post in a thread I get bumped back out into the main board--why not just take me back to the thread?  Why you gotta do me like that, Amazon?

And all I can think of to tweet is ominous threats while I picture Tina Turner; maybe I need to listen to some of her music and get it out of my system.  What's love got to do with it, anyway?

Okay, bad example.  (Everything is the answer that popped up in my head.)

I've had evaluations to write all week, and my Pre-K and developmental groups to plan, and all this means no writing.  Which is tough.

I'm chewing on my paws to get my first draft back from one of my beta-readers.  There are already things I know I want to change but I don't want to start until someone says whether or not it's worth it with that draft at all.  I love the concept, but I'm not afraid to throw away major parts if they don't work for the reader to begin with.  I just want to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment