Saturday, April 16, 2011

There is a lot of whining in the post below, and a little awesome. Skip to the bottom for awesome.

I'm listening to my upstairs neighbors root around in the basement downstairs.  Supposedly we were going to have that little number to ourselves, but.  Such is the way of landlords.

So now they have access to two parking spots and three floors out of the house, while we are barely holding on to two spots and one floor.

I didn't actually start this entry to whine, but whining seems to interfere with a lot of what I'm doing lately; I think it's at least partially due to the fact that I wanted to have my book published by the end of March, and we are now halfway through April.  I am really grateful to the enormous number of people contributing to it's life, but having spread the necessary jobs around so thin I also find I'm biting my nails and working hard on respecting the pace of other folks.  In other words, publishing a book, so far, is a lot like having a wedding: you are dependent on the kindness of the people who love you, and thus very grateful while also nervous and hand-bitey and ready for the whole thing to be done.

My natural project speed, as I may have mentioned, is totally bipolar.  The book in question was written in roughly two weeks (55,000 words), edited in one, and is now waiting (2.5 months) for a couple additional comments/edits.  I'm ready to let Rainey go meet some new friends, basically.  And start writing about pirates.  Cause that's how.  I have two other books at roughly 30,000 words a piece and one that needs editing...and has for a year.  Tri-polar, maybe.  Quad-poltastic.

I found the following video via Bust; as always, a little caution is advised--not only because the articles on Bust may be better suited to Older Young Adults (acronym OYA, pronounced OH YEAH!) but because once again...you are about to fall in love...over the internets.




You've been warned.  The associated blog is, as they say here in Massachusetts, wicked.

No comments:

Post a Comment